Candidate Profile + Admission Requirements
Everything You Need to Know About Admission Requirements.
Please review the admissions criteria below. Many factors are considered when making an admission decision, and you are encouraged to apply.
Boise State University MBA candidates possess a high degree of motivation, professional work experience, strong managerial potential, and an aptitude for graduate study. Our MBA students come from diverse backgrounds, including engineering, social sciences, liberal arts, business, and health care.
The online MBA program is designed for students from every industry and undergraduate background. No prerequisites are required.
Our curriculum is relevant, applicable, and built for working professionals to use the next day at work. It is important that students are prepared academically and experientially to succeed in the program.
Current class stats:
- 34.3 — average student age
- 8 years — average professional experience of incoming students
The Admissions Committee will review and evaluate prior academic performance, leadership experience, professional experience, aptitude for graduate study, writing skills, general motivation and managerial attributes based on the admission standards set by the College of Business and Economics for graduate business programs.
A well-qualified MBA candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or better.
- Note: applicants with a 2.75-3.00 GPA may be considered for provisional admission.
- Note: if an applicant's GPA in their last two years (60 credits) of study is better than an overall cumulative, the higher GPA will be considered.
- Have at least two years of significant, full-time management experience.
- This is experience where applicants have managed people, budgets, and customer accounts beyond a basic supervisory level. For example, roles where applicants have been responsible for hiring/firing, company training, fiscal management, and/or contract negotiations would typically qualify.
- Achieve a minimum score of 500 on the GMAT or 147/148 on the GRE OR qualify for a test score waiver. The GMAT/GRE test score requirement may be waived for applicants with:
- three years of significant management experience and a 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate career,
- OR five years of significant management experience and a 2.75 GPA in their undergraduate career
- OR applicants who already possess a master's or doctoral level degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Unsure if you qualify? You are encouraged to email your resume and GPA to email@example.com for review and consideration of a waiver.
Submit all required documents as part of the admission process
Ready to apply? Get started today.