Now is the time to take the next step – invest in your education
It's easy to get started.
The admission process is the first step towards earning your degree from Boise State University. That's why we're here to help.
Follow the steps below and a dedicated enrollment specialist will help guide you through the entire process. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 855-290-3840.
Follow The Steps Below to Start Your Application
Step 1 - Review Admissions Eligibility
Review the Online MBA admission criteria to see if you qualify for program admission.
The admissions committee reviews applications holistically, considering all admissions materials. In general, candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications to apply:
- Have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have at least two years of significant, full-time management experience showing management of people, budgets, or customer accounts.
Meeting the criteria above does not guarantee admission. Please review the detailed eligibility criteria for more information.
Step 2 - Submit your Application and Supporting Documents
During the application process be prepared to submit the following:
- All official transcripts, from any school where credit was earned, should be sent directly to:
Graduate Admission and Degree Services
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725-1110
- or if emailed directly from the university, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
A current detailed resume highlighting your professional work experience. Do not be concerned with brevity. Please include start and end dates (month and year) for each position held, and indicate full or part-time employment. The admissions committee is looking for at least two years of full-time management or professional work experience where you have managed either people, budgets, or customer accounts beyond a basic supervisory level.
Two written, typed essays are required. Please answer the following questions.
- Tell us about a time when you tried to reach a goal or a task that was challenging, difficult or frustrating. What did you learn from the experience? (maximum 500 words)
- Each of our applicants is unique. Describe how your background, values, work experience and/or leadership skills influenced your career goals. How will your goals be furthered by an MBA degree? (maximum 750 words)
Two completed Recommendation Forms must be completed by professional contacts. A recommendation from your current supervisor is preferred but not required. Please select recommenders who can provide details about your professional work and ability to be successful in an MBA program.
There are two ways to request recommendations:
- You may designate your recommenders in the online application by entering the recommenders' email addresses. A form and request email will be automatically sent to them with instructions. They will complete the recommendation electronically.
- You may send your recommenders the Recommendation Forms and ask that they return the form via PDF to email@example.com
GMAT or GRE test scores
GMAT: Ideal candidate will have a minimum score of 500
GRE: Ideal candidate will have a minimum score of 147 Verbal /148 Quantitative
Test scores should be sent to Boise State University's code: 4018
The GMAT/GRE test score requirement may be waived for applicants with:
- three years of significant management experience and a 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate career,
- OR five years of significant management experience and a 2.75 GPA in their undergraduate career,
- OR applicants who already possess a master's or doctoral level degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
Unsure if you qualify? You are encouraged to email your resume and GPA to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and consideration of a waiver.
Additional materials (recommendations, essays, and resume) can be uploaded in your online application or sent directly to email@example.com for review and consideration of a waiver.
A $65 non-refundable application fee must be paid by credit card in your online application before submitting.
Step 3 - Start Your Application Online
You're ready to begin the application! Let us help you through the process by giving us a little more information about yourself.