Military and Veteran Resources
Whether active-duty military or a veteran, Boise State’s online programs and experienced faculty can help you develop your unique skills for success in military or civilian life.Apply Now
Empowering your online learning experience
Boise State University has always sought to do its part to honor and support the men and women of the United States military. The Veteran Services office can help you connect with people and resources that will make your time as a Boise State online student more rewarding.
As our thanks for your service, we’re happy to provide assistance with all GI Bill and other education benefits provided through the Department of Veterans Affairs. We look forward to answering any questions about tuition assistance and scholarships, success coaching, employment opportunities, mentoring and more. Contact us today!
Check out these benefits you can receive as a Boise State online military student:
- Application Fee Waiver: Current or previous active duty, reserve military, or National Guard members and their spouses are eligible for a Military Application fee waiver.
- Contact an enrollment specialist for the application fee waiver instructions prior to submitting your application.
- If requested, you must be able to show proof of military status via a copy of the Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) or a copy of the DD-214.
- Military Tuition Discount: Current or previous active-duty, reserve military or Army National Guard members and their spouses are eligible for a 15 percent Military Discount. If you are interested in applying for the discount, you should indicate military affiliation on the admission application and be able to show proof of military status via a copy of the Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) or their DD214.
What type of military resources are available?
Boise State has two offices dedicated to assisting our military students:
- Military Programs – this office assists students who are currently-serving military members (Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserves) on how to use their benefits.
- Veteran Services – this office assists students who have previously served in the military utilize their benefits.